George Hotel Gatwick
The George Hotel dates back to 1651 and was a former coaching inn, situated in the heart of Crawley town centre. It is ideally situated close to Gatwick Airport and in the midst of Crawley town centre. Keeping with tradition it welcomes guests with warmth and great hospitality. The hotel's bar serves traditional English ales and the restaurant serves mouth-watering English cuisine. The hotel offers 83 guest rooms.
Address: High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1BS
Classification: 3 Star Rating
Directions: Exit the M23 at Junction 10. At the 1st roundabout take the 2nd exit (A2004 Town Centre). At the next roundabout at Crawley College, take the 2nd exit. At the end of this road turn left and immediately right into a short one-way street. Turn left at the traffic lights and follow the road to a roundabout. The 1st exit is the hotel car park and reception.
- Distance from Gatwick Airport - 5 Miles
- Nearest Train Station - Crawley - 0.5 Miles
- London Heathrow Airport 42 miles
- Stansted Airport 57 miles
- London Centre 30 miles
- Hever Castle 15 miles
- Chessington World Of Adventures 26 miles
- Transfers: Customers should allow 30 minutes to drive to the long term car parks and transfer from there to the airport. See Below
- Timings of transfers: The secured long term car parks operate transfers 24 hours a day.
- Airport Parking: Customers park overnight at the hotel and reception will give you a voucher to exchange for long term parking at the airport. In the morning you then take your car and voucher to the appropriate car park which will provide transfers to and from the airport 24 hours a day to South Terminal. Customers flying from the North Terminal should take the free 24 hour monorail service from the South Terminal, which runs every 3-6 minutes and takes just 2 minutes. After the 8 or 15 day parking option, secured parking is charged at the car park's own normal daily rate.
- N.B: If using the parking inclusive package and staying only on their return from holiday, customers must go to the hotel reception before parking the car to collect their long term parking voucher.
- Check In Time: Earliest check in 14.00
- Check Out Time: Latest check out time 11.00am
- Number of rooms: 83
- Number of floors: Three
- Facilities for disabled/wheelchairs: No
- Lift: Yes it cannot accomodate wheelchairs.
- Are there ground floor rooms available: Yes
- Are pets allowed: Yes
- Non smoking rooms available: Yes.
- Baby Sitting/Child Services: No
- Facilities in each room: All en-suite, Colour TV, hairdryer, telephone, trouser press & tea/coffee making facilities.
- Room service available: Yes
- Restaurants: Yes restaurant (19.00-21.30) & bar
- Breakfast available from: 06.45 (Monday-Friday) 07.30 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Breakfast available in room: Yes - Continental Only
- Childrens Facilities: Cots can be put in all rooms on request
- Interconnecting Rooms: Yes
- Gift Shop: No
- Health Club: No
- Fitness/Gym Facilities: No
- Spa Facilities: No
- Concierge Services: Safety deposit boxes, Laundry service
- Business Facilities: Copying & fax service available
- Car keys are to be handed in to hotel reception if parking on site for 15 days or more. Cots must be requested in advance. Restaurant closed 25 December - 3 January