Stanhill Court Hotel Gatwick
The Stanhill Court Hotel is a breathtaking Victorian Country House Hotel set high on Stan Hill, in the medieval village of Charlwood, surrounded by 35 acres of ancient woodland,. It was built in 1881 as a family home, to the exacting requirements of Mr William Young a marine underwriter with Lloyds of London in the Scots baronial style with delightful wood panelling in the hall and minstrels gallery, stained glass windows and four poster beds are available for that ultimate luxury. The hotel is not on the flight path and so you can unwind and relax in the peace and tranquility of the Sussex countryside. You can even tie the knot at the hotel and invite up to 700 guests for the Wedding Breakfast!
Address: Stanhill Road, Charlwood, Horley, Surrey, RH6 0EP
Classification: 3 Star Rating
Directions: Exit the M23 at Junction 9 following signs for Gatwick Airport. At 1st roundabout go straight on. At 2nd roundabout take the A23 Redhill exit. At the next roundabout (Moat House Hotel on your left), take the left hand exit sign posted Charlwood 2.5 miles. Follow road through village, on leaving village, (driving on the cobblestone road), pass the Rising Sun pub on your right, pass TH Gorringe on your left and take the next right hand turn at the junction of the village hall onto the Norwood Hill Road, (Do not take the Gatwick Zoo Road). Pass a 40 mph speed limit sign, 100 yards further on the left is Stanhill and Stanhill Court Hotel is indicated by a brown tourist board sign. The hotel is 1/2 mile up the hill on the left on a sharp 'S' bend.
- Distance from Gatwick Airport - 4 miles
- Nearest Train Station - Gatwick Airport - 4 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 47 miles
- London City Centre 30miles
- Brighton 23 miles
- Thorpe Park 32 miles
- Transfers to and from airport: The hotel provides a complimentary taxi for your outbound trip to the airport, (return journey not included). You will need to arrange a taxi from the airport back to the hotel.
- Timings of transfers: Taxi service available 24 hours.
- Holiday Parking: Parking is on-site at the hotel. After the 8 or 15 day options parking extra day(s) charges will be made by the hotel.
- Check In Time: Earliest check in 13.00
- Check Out Time: Latest check out time 11.00am
- Number of rooms: 13
- Number of floors: 2
- Hotel Shop: No
- Facilities for disabled/wheelchairs: No
- Lift: No
- Are pets allowed: No
- Non smoking rooms available: Yes
- Baby Sitting/Child Services: No
- Facilities in each room: Colour TV with Satellite channels & in house movies, hairdryer, trouser press & tea/coffee making facilities
- Are interconnecting doors available: No
- Room service available: Yes
- Restaurant: Yes and bar
- Restaurant Hours of operation - Monday - Friday: 07.30-09.30 , 12.00-14.00, 19.00-21.30
- Restaurant Hours of operation - Saturday & Sunday: 07.30-09.30, 12.30-14.30, 19.00-21.00
- Vegetarian/Special diet menus available: Yes
- Childrens Facilities: Cots can be put in rooms
- Health Club: Although no health club the grounds of Stanhill Court Hotel lend themselves to a wide range of outdoor activities. Most popular are Clay Shoots, Archery, Quad Bikes, Blind Fold Land Rover driving and Family Fun Days, which can all be arranged through the hotel and undertaken by other professionals.
- Fitness/Gym Facilities: No
- Spa Facilities: No
- Concierge Services: Safety deposit boxes, left luggage/storage facilities & laundry service
- Business Facilities: Private banqueting can be arranged for smaller groups of a dozen people up to 250 in-house.