Cambridge Hotel Gatwick
The Cambridge Hotel was built in 1865 as a house and was occupied by George, 2nd Duke of Cambridge, (grandson to George III and commander in chief of the British Army), with his morganatic wife, Louisa Fairbrother. The building has a grade II listing for its historical value. The Cambridge offers budget accommodation with a comperhensive range of comfortable double, single and family bedrooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms and television. A honeymoon suite is also available. The Cambridge Resturant offers a superb a` la carte menu, daily specials and businessman`s luncheons. They have a good wine list and can also offer snacks from the adjacent vintage bar offering a relaxed atmosphere in olde worlde surroundings.
Address: Brighton Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8PP
Classification: 2 Star Rating
Directions:Exit the M23 at Junction 9 and follow signs for Gatwick Airport. At 1st roundabout go straight on. At next roundabout take the last exit towards A23. At the next roundabout turn right signposted Redhill A23. At the large interchange with a Shell garage in the centre, follow signs for Redhill A23. The hotel is on the left after a few hundred yards.
- Distance from Gatwick Airport - 3 Miles
- Nearest Train Station - Horley - 0.75 Miles
- London Heathrow Airport 42 miles
- Stansted Airport 57 miles
- London Centre 28 miles
- Hever Castle 15 miles
- Chessington World Of Adventures 26 miles
- Transfers to & from airport: The hotel provides transfers to both terminals costing £4 per person return, taking around 5-10 minutes. For a service from the airport customers should telephone the hotel on 01293 783990. If taking a secured parking option customers should allow 20 minutes to drive to the long term car parks and transfer from there to the airport. See Below
- Timings of transfers: 06.00 - 23.00 on request to both terminals. The secured long term car parks operate transfers 24 hours a day.
- Holiday Parking: The hotel offers both on-site parking and secured parking at the airport. If customers are taking the secured parking option you should park overnight at the hotel and reception will give you a voucher to exchange for long term parking at the airport. In the morning you then take your car and voucher to the appropriate car park which will provide free transfers to and from the airport 24 hours a day. Any extra days parking over your package are charged at the standard daily rate of the car park or hotel.
- Check In Time: Earliest check in 12.00 Midday (Cannot check in between 22.30 - 06.00)
- Check Out Time: Latest check out time 10.00am
- Number of floors: Three
- Facilities for disabled/wheelchairs: All rooms are suitable but there are 10 steps up to ground floor.
- Lift: No
- Are there ground floor rooms available: Yes
- Are pets allowed: No
- Non smoking rooms available: Yes, on request
- Is hotel double glazed: Yes
- Baby Sitting/Child Services: No
- Facilities in each room: All en-suite, Colour TV, fridge, trouser press, hairdryer & tea/coffee making facilities.
- Room service available: No
- Restaurants: Yes restaurant (18.30-22.30) & bar
- Breakfast available from: 07.30 both full and continental breakfast
- Breakfast available in room: No
- Childrens Facilities: There is only 1 cot available so this must be requested at time of booking
- Interconnecting Rooms: No
- Business Facilities: There are a few private rooms available for business functions and conferences
- No arrivals from 22.30-06.00 If parking on-site you must advise hotel if this will be for more than 15 days.